ENTERPRISE HEATHROW AVOID AT ALL COST! TINY SCRATCH=£600

roey2013's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“ENTERPRISE HEATHROW AVOID AT ALL COST! TINY SCRATCH=£600”

Written on: 06/06/2013 by roey2013 (1 review written)

I was charged £600 for a 6 inch scratch that was already on the car as I took it, the employee told me - don't worry about it as long as it could be polished we don't pay attention to that. I said fair enough, took the car when I returned it they informed me about the scratch as it wasn't there already, I explained the situation they told me we would no way rent this car with that scratch I was charged immediately £600 (they took it off my card) for that scratch no one to talk to and was treated rude.

• 28/05

Date of hire (month/year)

• London,UK

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Mr_L's Response to roey2013's Review

Written on: 03/08/2013

The point is, you are shown around the vehicle BEFORE you sign any rental documentation. If the scratch was already there is was YOUR responsibility to ensure that this was highlighted to the representative before you drove the vehicle away. SIMPLE. Had you have done this you would not have been charged. You would also have been offered additional insurance and although costly would have reduced your excess to £100. DONT COMPLAIN AND GIVE BAD REVIEWS WHEN YOU ARE IN THE WRONG !

Roey2013's reply to Mr_L's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2013

600 for a tiny scratch is not right for whatever reason a refund would cost less to the company than all this bad publicity at least charge something like 50 not 600. 'YOU ARE ON THE WRONG' that's the attitude I was talking about. You made it worse for Enterprise by replying.

Mr_L's Response to roey2013's Review

Written on: 04/08/2013

My point is you were in the wrong. The whole point in them doing the walk around us to give you the opportunity to ensure that all existing damage is noted on the vehicle cobdition report. Any damage will affect a vehicles resale value and yes £600 is steep but this is why they offer you the opportunity to reduce your excess. Enterprise are by no means on their own here. All major rental companies have the same policy.