I've just had an awful experience with the Heathrow Office

Guest's review of Easirent Vehicle Rental www.easirent.com

“I've just had an awful experience with the Heathrow Office”

Written on: 28/06/2013

I had booked Ford Focus Estate and when I arrived at the office I was told that there this car was not there and that the only car I could take at that time was a Hyundai I30 which was in poor condition and in fact had a crack and dent in the front right hand bumper, but that the Ford Focus Estate was due in by 11:00am the next day and that it would be driven to my home. I accepted this and once the dirty dishes were removed from the boot (I kid you not) I set off in this car.

The next day I had not received any call so I called at 10:00am. Eventually I had spoke to the person who I had originally dealt with the day before. I was told that the Ford Focus Estate was no longer available and that I could have another vehicle in that class which was due in at 3:00pm. Although I wasn't happy about this I accepted this with the reassurance that a note detailing this would be left with the afternoon shift.

When I returned home at 4:00pm I called the office which was when I spoke to another gentleman . I explained that I was waiting for a vehicle to be delivered and wanted to know if the driver had left the office yet. I was asked for my rental agreement number but I wanted to explain the events leading up to this. I was then told by Kyle that I was shouting at him which I dispute although I admit I was speaking in an agitated voice. This person then proceeded to shout at me and refused to allow me to tell him the events surrounding the car hire.
At this point I asked him for his name which he spelt out to me aggressively, he then proceeded to tell me his national insurance number and his date of birth !!!!!!. He also said he was with a customer and that the customer at the counter could confirm that I was shouting at him

At this point I felt I had no alternative but to hang up. I then dialled the central reservations office to speak to someone on the line, only to find Kyle still on the line who thanked me for hanging up on him and welcomed me doing it agin, which I did.

This was one of the most disturbing and surreal conversations I have ever had with someone on the phone. When I hung up I was shaking and I felt completely intimated.

At this time time I still do not have the replacement vehicle. Needeless to say this is the last time I will be using this car hire company again.

• June 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Poor