The worst rental company in UK or even the entire world!

Ruslanw's review of Easirent Vehicle Rental www.easirent.com

“The worst rental company in UK or even the entire world!”

Written on: 07/05/2013 by Ruslanw (1 review written)

Booked the car with them. Called several times I make sure about location, was told that they are next to Mariott. Whig made it confusing, and there is no signage to show where they are. When they are actually located in Sheraton hotel ( I think that would be easier to say to me in the first place). When arrived there where 2 employees at the counter serving 2 customers and there was one more customer ahead of me. It took them exactly 1 hour to get to me. During the time I was "serviced" I you can call it like that (absolutely no professional customer service) I was introduced to several surprises.
1. The car I book is not even necessarily avaliable.
2. You are required to get insurance from them and in the case you have it being provided by your card they hold £1250 of your money on top of your reservation.
3. They make you sign 3 various contracts with a lot of wording. When you ask staff what it says they say that you can read it yourself! When I ask them if they know what it says there they say: "Yes but we will not tell you, you can read it yourself!"
(The good thing is that they make you sign 3 exactly the same contracts just for them, with different wording on each one.
4. When finally you sign the contract they do not tell you that the car might not be full with gas at all. Infact if you do not ask they do not tell you!
5. After you finally sign the contract they make you wait in the lobby for another 10 min (by now I have spent 1 hr. and 40 min)
6, the car that was brought to me was and SUV when I specifically reserved a smaller car, when I went up to ask why the answer was: " You got upgraded aren't you happy?! "
7. The SUV they brought was scratched up everywhere, dirty and with smell of someone previously smoking in it. Basically tey did not care for cleaning the car inside or outside, because it looked like someone had a road trip in it, 5 min before I ended up with it!
8. SUV is only usin Diesel, when I asked that I only wanted a Petrolium car. They said: " Diesel is just as good, it will give you extra mileage!" But they forgot that it is an SUV that uses much more gasoline! So that ends up not being true statement!
9. When I requested for a smaller car not SUV I was told: " You can wait another hour and may be we will have it than for you!"
10. When I asked to speak with the manager I was replied to: "It's bank holiday noone is available to speak with you! They are on their day off!"
11. Finally after being persistent about finding someone I was out on the phone with a customer service representative (who actually ended up being a regular reservation representative, not a manager or supervisor. After I explained to him on what the problem is, he said: " So what do you want me to do?"
-I have him suggestion of either reducing a price of my rental due to the rent price being higher than it was supposed to be.
He said : "No I can not do that! And there is nothing we can do. " After which I stated that their customer service was the worst. He stated that its not true and tat he gave me options. I asked what options and he stated: "rent the car or leave it!" Apparently that's a great customer service by their terms.

- after this you can see where all of this went! Likely enough one of their drivers was nice enough to give me and my wife a ride to Sixt who were fantastic as usual. So total time spent at this horrible place was 3 hours! Waisted! Do not rent from Easirent!

P.S. the car they gave me as upgrade in Easirent was also empty out if gas. And they suggested for me to go fill up at gas station and return it empty. Go figure that out! :-) I should push it than right?

• May 6, 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• London Heathrow Easirent