Dishonest scam artists

Guest's review of Easirent Vehicle Rental www.easirent.com

“Dishonest scam artists”

Written on: 27/11/2012

Recently arranged for car hire from Manchester Airport.

When I got there (and point to note, they are in some dodgey office on a different site to all the other car hire companies, so you are stuck there!), despite a big poster right next to me offering "option extra's" with "refund reduction insurance/waiver" being an "optional extra", I was then told that they were increasing the cost of the hire car by 30% to pay for this "optional Extra".

As I already had this through the agency I booked through, I declined.

They then told me it was mandatory. And that other insurance companies don't pay out, and only theirs does.

I pointed out that this was my problem in that case, if I had an accident, and not theirs.

They explained to me that I would cancel my credit card before I got home if I did have an accident and it would become theirs.

They refused to rent the vehicle without me taking it.

Another point to note - I am British, have a British driving license which I've had for 15 years. So not a foreigner (not that it should make a difference) and not a new driver.

i left with no car and went to SixT who were much better and run like a proper car rental company.

On the way out, their driver told me that a lot of people walk out for hte same reason, and that it's a money making scam.

Absolutely agree.

Stay away from this dishonest bunch of scam artists, absolutely disgusting!

• November 2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• Manchester, United Kingdom