Customer service - non existent

Guest's review of Dollar Car Rental

“Customer service - non existent”

Written on: 06/11/2013

I left a camera in a rental car at Boston airport and only realised once I had gone through passport control so couldn't get back to it. Rang Dollar from in the airport - got voicemail only. Rang approximately 30 times in the next week - got voicemail only, always with an assurance the call would be returned. They never did. Managed to speak to a real person at their head office who told me they couldn't put me in direct contact with anyone at the rentla office in Boston and that I should log the loss on their online system. I had already done that, you just get automated responses. Thanks to a contact who actually went to the office I eventually (after 2 weeks) got an email from the lost and found manager who promised they would check the car. Two weeks later, after me chasing again, they said they hadn't found the camera. I have no confidence they even looked.

My fault for leaving the camera but they clearly have no interest in helping. From my first message I detailed the car and whereabouts in the car the camera was left. Will never use Dollar again.

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles