Deception & Hidden fees @ Orlando Dollar Car Rental

cognette's review of Dollar Car Rental

“Deception and Hidden fees @ Orlando Dollar Car Rental”

Written on: 27/04/2012 by cognette (1 review written)

Our online estimate of total charges was $126.56. Our actual charge was $316.87. The agent was not forthright about an additional driver charge, a conferecchg fee and the actual price of additional insurance. Even though we added the insurance, the quoted total was questionably too high. The agent did not provide us with a hard copy of fees to review before signing & when we wanted time to discuss the new "high" charge, she rushed us to sign and assured us that all was correct. Sure it was correct!! The additional driver fee was $9.59/day which then totaled to $69.98...really not worth it especially when we only did it "in case" and never before have we ever been charged for an additional driver. I wrote to customer service but was only told that there was no wrong doing. I was further insulted with a gift discount on a further rental....as if I would ever rent from Dollar again. I wish I had read the reviews prior. I don't usually write negative reviews, but after reading other reviews, Dollar really is a dishonest business. Please take your business elsewhere & enjoy your trip.

• March 2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• Orlando, Florida