Extra Charges

+353 14999 600

JFrenchy's review of Cartrawler www.cartrawler.com

“Extra Charges”

Written on: 18/08/2012 by JFrenchy (1 review written)

Although I had a good car hire experience with cartrawler the price of the baby seat that was listed after tax on my contract was not the price that i had to pay at the airport due to EXTRA HIDDEN COSTS at the airport. My contract stated the price of the baby seat would be 45€ without tax and 54.45€ with tax but ended up paying €62.62. Even thought its not a lot it would have been nice to have the final price before arriving at the airport with the surprise of paying extra.

I also picked up a car that was not full of petrol and had to return it full in order not to be charged once again for the EXTRA COSTS. The excuse given was that the car hire company had to fill up 20km out of town. When i stated that I would return the car with the same level, I was advised that If i did that I would be charged extra for not returning it full. Note that I returned the car with a full tank and filled up just outside the airport and not 20km out of town.

A warning to future families wishing to add a baby seat to the final car price, be aware that THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES.

Although I had very helpful and great service from cartraweler, I was offered no compensation in regards to the hiddden charges of the baby seat neither for the extra petrol charges that I had to pay out of my pocket due to HIDDEN airport charges.

• July 2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• Italy - Catania

Country & City of hire

• Average

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles