NEVER rent a car from Car-Hire-UK

Guest's review of Car-Hire-UK.com

“NEVER rent a car from Car-Hire-UK”

Written on: 25/05/2013

Never rent a car from this company. We flew in from the US and took a car from Heathrow, or tried to. We had to wait 2 hours for a car, when we phoned we were constantly told that the driver was on his way! When it arrived, it was then the wrong one, a smaller model than reserved. After much haggling with the driver who delivered the car and talking to his office we were promised a refund for the 2nd driver amount and that the right size of car would be delivered a few days later. Neither of which happened.

The car we had was OK, just a bit small. However the petrol gauge seemed to have a mind of its own. We went to fill the fuel tank prior to drooping it back at the airport and whatever we did we couldn't get the fuel gauge to read full, even though the petrol was visible in the tube! They would also not meet us at the express drop off, even though they had promised to when I rang and confirmed 1 hr before, 30 mins before and on drop off.

It has taken me 5 months and many letters to the company and help from Trading Standards to get a partial refund. I sent letters recorded delivery in the UK via family that live there.

Please beware and don't rent cars from them.

Benjamin222's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2013

I am still waiting for a fuel deposit refund and that was over 4 years ago. I wonder why UK authorities allow this to keep happening?

Shirleyjandrews's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2013

Please help close them down contact me.
I have been battling for 3 years.
I live in London unlike many of there clients who are abroad and unable to fight them.this could lead to you getting your money back