Good price, good car, friendly & professional service

PeteGolfer's review of CBR Car Rental - Kefalonia

“Good price, good car, friendly and professional service”

Written on: 19/07/2013 by PeteGolfer (11 reviews written)

CBR-Rentacar (CBR-Rentacar.com) were one of the two companies recommended to me by the owner of the villa we rented on Kefalonia.

The price they offered was good (a discount over the website booking price) and the instructions they provided for car collection were clear and precise (the office is literally at the entrance to the airport - 100 yards from the terminal).

When I arrived, the car was ready for me and the lady was friendly and professional and implored me not to lose the car key because a lost key meant a trip to the mainland for a new one (no key encoding service exist on the island).

I was provided with a map of the island and the lady clearly pointed out the 'roads' where I was not allowed to go (unmade roads to the East of the island).

The car was quite new, it had only done 5,000 km but it still had a few scratches and dents. The man who checked over the car with me was simply great. He pointed out most of the dents and scratches and marked them on the contract for me.

When I returned the car was checked again, given the okay and within two minutes I was walking to the terminal.

I've read the other reviews and suspect that the emphasis on checking the underside of the car is because if you stray onto unmade roads or are careless when you pull off the main roads (even on to some of the viewing points) you could easily damage the underside of the car - and the multiple items of damage to the car I was given (albeit all minor items) are testament to the careless way people treat hire cars.

• July 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Argostoli Airport

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles