Dont use in Mexico

Zane Gulliford's review of Budget Car Rental

“Dont use in Mexico ”

Written on: 06/12/2012 by Zane Gulliford (2 reviews written)

I booked this car through carhiremarket.com and got a voucher which confirmed booking. My voucher stated that I had a car with Liability Insurance, Location Servie charge, Tax and Airport service charge included in the rate. The rate given was 3419.24 mexican pesos (£161.30).
On arrival to the airport we went to the desk and were driven to the budget office. At the office I presented my voucher and was told that I would also need to have collision damage insurance at an additional cost. I said that the voucher gave me insurance but the man on the desk said if I didnt take the exra insurance I would need to leave a deposit of £8000 for the car. I dont have that sort of limit on my credit card and would not be willing to allow that amount anyway. So I had no choice but to pay the extra for collision gamage waiver which meant my total charge was now 8780.54 mexican pesos (£424.23 so almost £300 more!).
I am then also charged 870.54 pesos for IVA tav which my voucher said was included.
This whole rental really soured my mexican holiday. I contacted Budget on arrival back in the UK and they didnt even bother responding! Carhirmarket did look nto it but basically because I had signed for it at the Budget desk, there was nothing they could do.

• sept 2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• mexico

Country & City of hire

• Average

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia
Deals on Expedia