Avis Uk is the pits in car rental

Dollybottom's review of Avis Car Hire

“Avis Uk is the pits in car rental”

Written on: 01/11/2013 by Dollybottom (1 review written)

I have spent over one hour on hold, being given incorrect information, being sent the wrong car, and finding that Taunton Office has their fax on so you can not reach them on the printed telephone number, and which Customer Services keep reiterating. I have no idea how Avis is still in business, I can only conclude there maybe an odd office that actually knows what it is doing...customer services, so called certainly don't....and I am now awaiting a call from a Senior District manager to let them know just how angry I am. All I wanted was a nice, simple rental of a compact, 5 door automatic. This I made clear to central reservations, who singularly failed to pass on either request. The car arrived this morning, manual, and only large enough because I spoke to Taunton this morning. It was nearly an hour early (since when was just on 11am interpreted as 10.05am??)and I was told to contact the local office to change to an automatic.....which I have been trying to do for the last hour. So as I can not speak to Taunton I rang Customer Services and that is when the trouble got even worse. It is unacceptable to be on hold for 10 minutes each time so either they need more complaints personnel, or they could cut down on complaints by actually being efficient.

RUBBISH!

• 1st November 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• uk

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles