Avis Car Hire Review

Surfingpasty's review of Avis Car Hire

“Hired a basic model for a week in Malta to include...”

Written on: 23/10/2013 by Surfingpasty (1 review written)

Hired a basic model for a week in Malta to include 'apparently' insurance. This came to £73 or for £105 if you wanted fully comp. Initially I choose £73 then rang back later to change it to comp insurance and got told its no problem you can do it when you pick your car up.

At Malta airport was a different story. I had to either pay a £1500 retainer as it was, or upgrade to comp insurance and pay EUR148 (£129). Phoning Avis to query this they told me it would all be taken into account with what I had already paid! Total rubbish I have now checked my account to find I have acctually paid £202 for the weeks hire!

Basically the price you get quoted is for the car hire only, insurance will be an additional amount and although it states its included it is not, unless you have a spare £1500 laying around as they will be inspecting the car after you've rented it!
The car itself had more dents than a banger racing car so if you chance they are honest with you retainer money go for it, but don't think I would.

Extremely dissappointing service will never use them again.

• 10/13

Date of hire (month/year)

• Malta