Avis UK Moreton in Marsh Cotswolds

Guest's review of Avis Car Hire

“Avis UK Moreton in Marsh Cotswolds”

Written on: 13/10/2013

Made a booking with Avis UK for two day hire, and was advised Avis would deliver car to White Hart Royal Hotel Moreton in Marsh following day at 12 noon.
Waited as requested, after twenty mins hotel staff kindly rang Avis to find out when car would arrive, turned up five mins later.
Checked car & took photos of speedo, petrol, bodywork, then proceeded on our way.
Two days later returned car to Royal Hotel fully refuelled before return time.
Rang Avis later same day to check if all in order with car as no Avis rep at Royal Hotel & was informed all ok & fuel hold would be cancelled so only charge on my credit card would be two day hire.

Several weeks later check my visa statement & noted 2 charges had been taken by Avis.
Sent a friendly email to Customer Service asking why second charge.
Seven days later i receive a reply stating that " according to their records we had picked the car up two hours earlier than agreed", therefore we had been charged the extra amount (almost equal to the two day hire..)

I was dumbfounded ( how on earth could we have picked up a car before Avis had delivered it at the time & place they specified at booking)

Sent another email to customer service stating the obvious & that I had photos of the car at delivery which were date/ time stamped 12:30 on the day.
Eight days later a reply stating that they had re investigated my case based on my comments & would refund the second amount "As a gesture of goodwill" & were sorry for the inconvenience.......

This was my first (and last) experience with Avis UK car hire

• September 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• UK Moreton in Marsh

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles