Don't trust them

Tonydwyer1's review of Avis Car Hire

“Don't trust them”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by Tonydwyer1 (1 review written)

I have used Avis in the distant past and found them to be quite professional, so decided to use them again as I've had enough of budget hire firms. I hired a car for 3 weeks in Malaga this September and I seems they have aligned themselves with these budget companies. I took out full insurance, their rep on the phone tried her hardest to get me to pay extra ins to cover the 'excess' payment if I had an accident. This is charged per day and as I was hiring for 3 wks it worked out MORE expensive than what I would pay if I had an accident!! I waited in line 80 mins at Malaga Airport then the rep said "you have full insurance" (statement not a question) I said yes,she type something on the pc & not trusting them I said I don't won't to pay anymore then I have paid....Long story short she was going to charge me for this daily excess cover and when I said I don't want it she talked to me as if I was crazy not to have it & tried to sell me other products. I beleive the saying "you have full insurance" is deliberately misleading as was other tactics (also used by Goldcar)The car was not the one booked, was dirty and had a number of dents on it. Sorry Avis, you've gone for quantity of customers/profits over quality and boy does it show.
So a stressful start to our holiday...long wait and deceiving, rude staff who are clearly on commission. Never will I use this company again.

• 31 Aug 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• malage, spain