Avoid Avis/Budget Malaga

Guest's review of Avis Car Hire

“Avoid Avis/Budget Malaga”

Written on: 22/07/2013

Be very careful with Avis/Budget Malaga. We chose them as they were an international firm - to our cost. Check your car carefully. We hired a car from Avis Malaga in June. We insisted on checking it first despite them saying it was new with no damage. There were scratches on it which thankfully we insisted on recording. We returned it in exactly the same condition and the man in the underground garage did not want to look at it. A day after that they charged over €700 to our credit card. They have refused to refund it and it is now almost a month later. They claim to still be investigating. We have suggested that they ring Avis Malaga or even email them but we suspect Avis is so disorgainized in Malaga that they did not take a copy of the form. Whoch recorded the pre-existing damage. How they can take one day to take our money and almost a month and counting to investigate is criminal. It has caused us considerable stress and they are indifferent

• Spain Malaga

Country & City of hire

Aviscarhire's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2013

I am sorry to hear about your experience with Avis/Budget in Malaga. If you send us a private message on our Facebook page with your rental agreement, contact number and email, we can look into this a bit further for you and help escalate this.

Thanks,
Ryan
Avis Social Media

Tobester76's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2013

It won't make any difference. Your colleague has been "assisting" for the last 2 weeks and I still have had no response from either Customer Service or Claims. Avis took £1,293.00 after initially telling me that the 9" scratch/dent that the car sustained while parked would cost £384.00 to repair, then telling me that the CDW in my Rental Agreement meant that I was not liable and would not be charged anything. Avis have lied to me and took from me, so I have reported you to the OFT and written to Emirates Airlines recommending that they drop you as a Global Partner

Written on: 12/08/2013

Contact BBC Rip of Britain & Watchdog. The more of Avis's dissatisfied customers that do the more likely they are to investigate this terrible company.

Written on: 12/08/2013

I wish someone would answer my complaint made on 23rd July 2013.

Written on: 12/08/2013

Contact Watchdog & Rip Off Britain, I have!

Written on: 12/08/2013

Contact BBC Rip Off Britain programme. We were ripped off at Malaga Airport by Avis.

Suew72's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2013

We are in the same position from this firm who we booked through Monarch for our Malaga trip in May. Although not for damage, they have charged us around £600 for extras that just don't add up. Two and a half months on and we are still not getting anywhere either here or with the Malaga branch. Do not, under any circumstances, use Avis. They have the WORST customer service I have ever had the misfortune to come up against.

Review5's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2013

Eventually over a month Avis Budget paid us back the money they had taken but paid it in dribs and drabs (without telling is so we discovered from our credit card statemnt) so we incurred foreign currency charges. They did waive the fuel charge. However has no way restored our faith in this brand and we will never use them again anywhere. Is clearly a serious management issue with the Malaga branch. AVOID at all costs..

Written on: 12/08/2013

Totally agree with you. I have contacted Watchdog & Rip Off Britain about Avis at Malaga Airport.