What a terrible service with no follow up

RobKit's review of Avis Car Hire

“What a terrible service with no follow up”

Written on: 22/06/2013 by RobKit (3 reviews written)

I am making this review in protest of the disgusting service I received from this company and lack of follow up to my complaint via their customer satisfaction survey.
I recently booked a fortnights car hire with Avis Madeira,problems started as soon as I arrived at the Avis desk! After eight hours traveling the last thing you need is to have is to argue with their staff as to what vehicle you should be collecting . I had booked a four door B class vehicle with airconditioning, when I handed over my rental voucher I was informed that for an extra 5euros a day I could have a brand new Renault Cleo with GPS and air conditioning . Fair enough the chap was only doing his job, I replied thank you but I have brought my own GPS , which I know how to operate and I have ordered a car with air coditioning,Oh no you haven't he replied ,I said yes I have and handed him a copy of the hire quote which fortunately I had kept. He then said " no we do not have the car shown in the quote ", I replied " that is not my problem as I have booked a vehicle with air coditioning and that I understood that that car may not be available but he was duty bound to supply me with an equivalent that I was willing to accept" he replied that was impossible as none of their vehicles of that class had air coditioning" I replied that in that case their would be hell to play tomorrow when I phoned Avis UK (being 8-30 pm evening) as Ihad specifically booked a car with air coditioning and that I was not happy at all. He then relented and requested if he could have a copy of my quote for his boss and proceeded to give me a vehicle with air coditioning. My other gripe was the fact that although I had paid fully for the vehicle eight months in advance I was surcharged an extra eight pounds for the euro price difference, in twenty years using several other company's in Portugal I have never been requested for an extra payment.
When I returned home I intended to send Avis a letter of complaint but after a few days I received a request From them to fill in a customer satisfaction survey, this I duly completed stating all of the above and ticked a box stating that I was happy for them to contact me and discuss any comments made. I then thought it would be a matter of time before they contacted me with some answers to the poor service that I had received from them. I heard nothing from them ,this I found annoying as it was an in house survey not one conducted by a third party which to means it must be a waste of time completing their surveys as no one takes any notice of them any way. Then three days ago I was Emailed a request to complete a customer " Tell us what you think " questionnaire , and I thought that if I made the effort to write my own here! More notice would be taken of it than by them, .

• 25th April 2013 to 9th May 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Madeira Portugal