Terrible Avis service in Turkey

Guest's review of Avis Car Hire

“Terrible Avis service in Turkey”

Written on: 13/06/2013

Just arrived back from Alanya Turkey, car was disgusting and smelt strongly of cigarette smoke, dented all way down one side & I was told I would get new car this was an old banger. No fuel in car and was told to go to a certain petrol station and told I must fill the tank. I didnt use the dirty smelly car as much as I would have if Avis had given me what I was told I would get. I returned the car after 7 days with still nearly full tank of fuel. On arriving back in the UK I was told by Avis I would be charged 217 Turkish Lira for Fuel again, enough to fill the already full tank another 1 and a half times. This is theft and will be reported as such to police & Visa. This isn't all, when I arrived in Alanya the Avis office had been shut down so I had to make £55 of international calls to Avis and several Turkish agents to find another rental center to get a car from, after Avis agreed to supply I had to wait another hour for the car to arrive. This 5 hours was spent in 30 degree heat with 2 young children, thankyou Avis for this utter nightmare. Keep away from Avis they do not care about their customers and condone theft from your credit cards by their agents for non existant fuel charges.
I will be taking Avis to court over this for damages and consequential expenses claim, please please dont go through what I had to with Avis.

• 10th June 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Alanya Turkey