Awful customer service ...

danjustin1970's review of Avis Car Hire

“Awful customer service ...”

Written on: 16/05/2013 by danjustin1970 (1 review written)

Second time we have had problems with Avis (lots of different amounts of money has been taken from our account they do not know why). When spoken to customer service I asked where this was in the terms and conditions, lady 'Sue. could not tell me instead she argued, was rude and sarcastic. I was not allowed to speak to a manager and she told me I should have 'gone to find an Avis shop to get a leaflet' to get this information, despite this being an online booking, and I have all of the terms and conditions. At time of writing there is no clear indication of how much they have taken from us, our bank report that numerous different amounts have been taken but Avis do not know what and when.
Two years ago £450 was taken from us after a holiday as we 'returned the car late', We again had paperwork showing we had booked 7 days, they said it was only 1 day and charged us late fee for 6 days, no one at the Avis shop even mentioned this when we returned the car to them they were all smiles and said thank you very much checked car over, full tank of fuel etc.. never even had an apology, although the banks fraud department actually resolved this after some time. It had to be taken that far.
Many other reputable companies out there do not be fooled by the no deposit sign. The money is 'frozen' and deducted from bank balance, therefore use a decent company with good customer service and pay a 'deposit'. This way you will know what u have paid and when it will be returned.

• May

Date of hire (month/year)

• Southampton