Bad experience

iuliababici's review of Avis Car Hire

“Bad experience”

Written on: 23/04/2013 by iuliababici (1 review written)

Hi everyone, Me and my partner just returned from a trip to Italy and we rented a car from Avis at Bologna airport. I went to Italy 3 days prior to my partner to meet a friend and we booked the car only when my partner arrived from UK. I booked the car on my name, using my debit card. Wehen I presented myself at the rental desk accompanied by my 6 years partner and my friend who's living in Italy, I was shocked by the treatment I received from the lady there. I am Romanian and so is my friend, and my partner and the father of my unborned child is English. From the comments the woman had with her male colleague, we were regarded as 2 prostitutes picking up a English gentleman!!! Then I had to drag out answers from her related my rental as I wanted to purchase additional insurance, and I had to ask about prices and deposits rather than being told! I wasn't explained anything while continuing to be treated as a second class citizen after spending a total of around 800 euros with AVIS. Such a shame they employ people like the blond, long haired, about 30 years old woman, at Bologna airport. Otherwise, the car was ok, the online booking was fairly easy and the fact that they accept a debit card is an advantage.

• 15.04.2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Italy

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles