I would highly recommend NOT using Avis

JEMMA-H's review of Avis Car Hire

“I would highly recommend NOT using Avis”

Written on: 18/04/2013 by JEMMA-H (1 review written)

Ok so 1st of all my friends girl friend was getting a car out at AVIS GATWICK she gave all her details inc her card details and was told she needed to leave a £95 deposit for fuel, she had this amount in cash but they wouldn’t except cash only card. She didn’t have enough on her card so I asked the man if I pay for the fuel on my card then would that be the only payment they would take off my card has response was yes so I said my card is going to have nothing to do with the car payments he said no we will charge your friend for the car as the policy is in her name so after she had signed everything he asked me to sign alongside her name and yet again I asked y his response was "as you have paid on your card for the petrol we need you just to sign as well so when the car comes back with/without fuel we can release the £95 or take it. After the car when back £670.00 was taken out of my account for the car being kept out longer. When I rung Avis most of the people I spoke to was very un-helpful except for one lady (Tímea) she was the only person who was any help. I emailed a letter explaing the situation to Beáta Fügedi (Customer Resolution Team) who’s reply was basically you signed the bottom of the agreement so you basically have nothing to stand on. this issue was closed along with the rental agreement by the 28/03/2013. So I suffered the fact that I had just lost over £700 as it was my silly thought for signing the agreement.
Then on 10/04/2013 another £224.80 was being held in my bank leaving me over drawn and unable to pay my phone bill. (my credit scoring has gone from really good to really bad no because of this) I have called Avis 15,16,18/04/2013 no one will put me through to a manager but yet no one I have spoken to has been able to tell me why this money was being held as it had nothing to do with the original agreement number. they have since released the £224.80 back into my bank but I still have no idea why it was being held in the 1st place and I now have bank charges because of this. I have sent 3 emails to Beáta Fügedi who has not responded to one of them. I’ve had to cancel my bank card as it seems they just take random money whenever they like. I would highly recommend NOT using Avis. Booking staff are liars or highly under trained. Costumer care call centre are useless with the exception of Tímea who actually tries her best to help you, And customer resolutions don’t respond to emails and Beáta Fügedi is impossible to get hold off.
Im not one to ever right bad reviews or complain about things unless they are really bad and this Company for me has been a nightmare.
Oh and i think Tímea should be promoted to head of customer resolutions as she would suit the job alot better that the staff who currently employed under that job role.

• 02/02/2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• London Gatwick