Adding Hidden extras

LKille's review of Avis Car Hire

“Adding Hidden extras”

Written on: 16/04/2013 by LKille (1 review written)

My car was supposed to cost £75 but this company took £246 instead. When I went to collect my car, a Renault Twingo, I was offered various upgrades on insurance, excess amounts etc, all of which I refused as the whole idea was meant to be cheap and cheerful. I signed the paperwork as requested and there was my big mistake. I did not read all the pages! They had added on super insurance and all manor of other extras which I had not agreed to.
I was hiring the car so my friend who is a pensioner and has trouble walking wouldn't have to struggle on the train. Not only would it have been cheaper to use the train but I could have booked a taxi in both directions for less than this car hire cost. And our journey was 40 minutes to its final destination. Just to add to this debacle, I incurred bank charges when the money was taken from my account.
I would never ever use this company again or recommend it to anyone. What they did to me may not have been illegal but it was certainly unethical and they should be ashamed of themselves

• March 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Dusseldorf germany

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles