Auto Europe operate a scam.

andrewbrel's review of Auto Europe Car Hire - www.auto-europe.co.uk

“Auto Europe operate a scam.”

Written on: 17/05/2013 by andrewbrel (1 review written)

Auto Europe sold me a rental agreement with fully inclusive Insurance. I had every right to expect the product I bought included the detailed list of cover as per Auto Europes Terms and Conditions when they said -
Your rental includes:

* Appropriate local sales taxes at the appropriate rate(s) in force.
* Unlimited mileage and fire insurance.
* Liability Insurance for injuries or damages to persons or
things outside the vehicle.
* Rental includes Collision Damage coverage and Theft Protection for the vehicle. Rental limits potential vehicle damage or loss liability to an excess of approximately EUR 0.00.
* Rental includes Airport Surcharge for rental commencing at an airport location.
* Rental includes Personal Accident Insurance.
* Roadside Assistance Monday-Friday 09:00-18:00.

When I arrived to collect the car from Murcia Airport n 4th may, 2013, the local agent, GoldCar, would not honour the rental agreement because the Insurance sold by Auto Europe was invalid.
"Listen to me carefully" the rude and aggressive GoldCar Counter assistant said to me after a 65 minute wait in a line of furiously outraged customers all protesting this mystery scam insurance charge.
"This Insurance means nothing. You have no Insurance in Spain. You either pay or you walk."
They demanded an additional payment of E45 for the absent Insurance, When I presented the counter assistant with the printout of the Auto Europe Terms and conditions, as I did, you are told "Now you can walk." And he unilaterally terminated the Hire agreement, refusing to provide the car, in my case stranding me and my party of four, including a 3 year old, at Murcia Airport at 11pm, many miles from our resort. A nice way to ruin a one week holiday, which was the one thing Auto Europe did succeed with.
Auto Europes response to my complaint was, at best, aggressively offensively dismissive. And now confident in the belief arising from my experience that they operate a scam, I am progressing a complaint with Trading Standards for the fraudulent miss-representation of goods sold in the UK.
Anyone wishing to add to my claim can do so on this facebook page.

• 4th May, 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain, Murcia Airoprt.