Written on: 09/10/2013 by MADMagic (1 review written)Visit www2.atlaschoice.com
There were several problems.
1. Where to go after arriving at the airport. The instructions were just to go onto the sidewalk and wait for the van to collect us. In fact the van stops outside the car rentals office and nowhere else.
2. The van would only collect the primary driver who also had to take the papers of any additional driver. This last part though was not stated and I had to clarify myself otherwise I would not have been able to register my additional driver.
3. It would have been useful if Firefly had given us a map of where there office was, as after driving back and collecting my driver I realised I wasn't sure where it was and it took us 30 mins to re-find it. It wasn't that it was difficult to find or far away, it was just that I had forgotten where it was.
4. The car itself was OK although the windscreen was very dirty both inside and out. Also the engine light flashed on at various times and at one point stayed on. We then had difficulty determining the issue as although there was a service book it was in Italian and it's difficult in Sardinia to find anyone who speaks any English. When we took the car back, there was no question about any problems, so this issue will not have been resolved.
5. On returning the car (after it had been checked) I was asked to sign more papers. I couldn't see the reason for this as reading them they seemed again to authorise additional charges. As the car had not been damaged and the tank was full - and this had been agreed - I signed but also wrote NO CHARGE. At this they got very angry, took the papers off me and tore them up! This clearly seemed to point towards the fact that they were going to charge me extra!
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Great service " Read More
" Excellent " Read More
" Dissapointed " Read More
" Rent a car " Read More
" Goldcar are systematically not refunding fuel deposits " Read More