Poor Customer Service

Alfrourke's review of Alamo Car Hire www.alamo.co.uk

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 10/08/2017 by Alfrourke (1 review written)

I am on a six month tour of the USA and have used Alamo on three occasions. I have two more rentals for a total of 73 days currently arranged with yourselves but I am thinking of cancelling them and using a different car rental provider. Hiring a car is not a difficult thing and the process is similar whoever you use. The differentiator is how good operators are when a customer has a problem and needs help. In this respect Alamo for me were appalling. Some details for you. My last car hire with you was from 16th July with a return on the 8th August to San Francisco Airport. We felt a little rushed at the return and as a result we left two items in the car, a pair of expensive sunglasses in a case and a National Parks Annual Pass. We don't think, but know, we left them in the car and realised it as soon as we reached our hotel. We had the receptionist try to contact by phone but she had no joy, just automated menu selection. She then logged a report on your lost and found site, remember this was all on the same day that we handed back the car. Yesterday, the 9th my wife and I took a taxi back to the airport in the hope we would get some better results face to face. What a forlorn hope and a joke that was. We eventually got to your lost and found / customer service office and was confronted by an individual, who at first did not acknowledge we were there, and then could barely be bothered to get out of his chair. His bored, I'm not really interested attitude, was palpable. He eventually went to get a box with sunglasses in for us to rummage through, our items were not in there. His final comment was we will log them if they turn up and I would have to arrange for them to be posted home. You do not have Customer Service you have a computer process that does not do anything to alleviate worry or resolve problems. Additionally I suggest that the process for valeting and checking cars for Customer belongings needs improvement in both its efficiency and integrity of the staff entrusted with the job. My items were left in your car, no doubt, within the day they have gone and there whereabouts are unknown. You work out what happened to them, in my mind I know and believe your organisation culpable. I accept my error in leaving my belongings in your car, I believe I made a bigger error in trusting Alamo to look after me as a valued customer.

• 16th July 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• USA Chicago Illinois.

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

Penda's Response to Alfrourke's Review

Written on: 14/08/2017

I wholeheartedly agree that Alamo does not have a customer service policy. I rented with them in June.Following a minor accident during the rental. I was left stranded in Yosemite Park overnight because the 24-hour roadside assistance does not apply after 10:pm! I'm still trying to contact 'someone' in authority to discus my additional costs in finding accommodation for the night - so far two people have made 1 appearance but nothing for the past 4 weeks. As I live in the UK I find it difficult to speak/contact anyone. Next stop may be a lawyer or member of the main Alamo Board of Directors. The one thing that is certain is that I'll never use Alamo again and would urge others to follow.

Deals on Expedia