Abrix car hire - Best in Slovakia

harv99's review of Abrix www.abrix.sk

“Abrix car hire - Best in Slovakia”

Written on: 13/03/2013 by harv99 (0 reviews written)

Spent ages trying to find a car hire in Bratislava that was reasonably priced and had no bad reviews. Some of the reviews I read about the major car rental companies were truly shocking.
Then I found Abrix an independant car hire company based in Bratislava. Their prices were about half the quotes I got from the major rental companies. I was a bit worried but took the plunge and booked a Kia Cee'd. The website was clear, easy to understand and the prices included everything with no hidden extras. From then on everything excedded my expectations. They do not have a desk at Bratislava airport but was told their man would meet me outside arrivals with a placard with my name. Yes he was there and showed me to the car in the car park.
Not a Kia Cee'd but a free upgrade to a Skoda Octavia (because no-one had booked it so they thought they would let me have it).
I checked the car, one or two scuffs and marks which I pointed out. No need to worry about those was the response as long as there are no dents or obvious damage when you return the car everything will be OK. They asked for no deposit (they do on larger vehicles I am told but not for the Kia or Fabia bookings). They took a photo of my photocard license with their mobile phone (didn't want to see the paper part). I paid the agreed fee with my debit card (mobile terminal) and after confirming I would return the car with the same full tank set off.
5 days later I returned to the airport at the agreed time and they were waiting for me. A quick glance at the car, they thanked me for my business and took the car away.
All in all a very pleasant and cost effective experience.

• June 2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• bratislava slovakia

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles