The cheapest turns out to be the most expensive

thea13's review of 121 Car Hire www.121carhire.com

“The cheapest turns out to be the most expensive”

Written on: 01/08/2013 by thea13 (1 review written)

Went for carhire121 because they came up as the cheapest option. I had to print the voucher from Cartrawler, the car provider listed was interrent and when i got the actual contract it listed europecar. This in itself is a red flag that this is a rip-off! As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. As soon as i made the booking i got an email to congratulate me that i got insurance, after i specifically declined the extra insurance! When i landed at the airport in Edinburgh, unlike the regular car hire companies, interrent was in a nearby hotel. I had to call for their shuttle to come pick me up. That 'only' took half an hour and about 10 phone calls no-one bothered to answer. Two days after i returned the vehicle, i get a bill in the mail charging me for extra mileage! I am going back through the paperwork to see where was that stated and i am still not seeing a mileage limitation!
In the rush to get back to the airport, i forgot by glasses in the glove compartment. When i called interrent the following day and requested to have my glasses shipped to me at my expense, i was told they don't do that! I have rented from hertz many times and they would be happy to send you items you forget inside the rental.

Do yourself a favor, pay a few bucks more up front, but don't deal with bs like this

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Visit www.121carhire.com

121Carhire02's Response to thea13's Review

Written on: 06/08/2013

Hi there,

I work for 121 Car Hire and would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to review our company.

We are very sorry to hear that your car rental experience did not meet your expectations and we would like to take this opportunity to address the issues you raised.

The Questor Insurance product is offered in two places during the booking process so if I could just take a minute to explain how our site works, this may help explain to you how you purchased it by mistake.

First of all, the insurance is offered on the booking form itself where customers are required to tick a box to agree to the insurance terms and conditions. If customers do not wish to include the insurance with their booking, they need to un-tick another box to indicate this and continue their booking without the insurance. The booking will not go through unless one of these two actions is taken.

If a customer does not select insurance on the booking form, we present an overlay page to customers after they have clicked "book now" which double checks that the customer did not want insurance. The reason for this is because it is a very important part of car hire and we want to be sure that people are aware of what they have said no to.

Again, the option to include this insurance is not preselected and the customer must tick a box to select this product and agree to the T&Cs of the insurance. If a customer does not want to include the insurance, they can click the large box which says "continue without Insurance".

At no point do we try to sell this product without a customer’s knowledge. It is not in our interest or that of Questor's to take money without customers knowing exactly what they are paying for. Please rest assured our aim is to provide good value car hire and good customer service.

With respects to the supplier location, the address of the supplier was clearly shown on our website before booking as well as on your rental voucher after your booking had been confirmed.

As the local supplier is a completely different company to us, we cannot comment on the level of service provided. However, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience your experience caused you.

We are disappointed that your car hire did not turn out as you expected and if you would like to contact us regarding the bill you have received for extra mileage, we will be happy to look in to this for you. Please contact us using the contact us form on our website.

I do hope this response has clarified the situation for you, however if you would like any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards.