Lamezia airport car hire

Guest's review of 121 Car Hire www.121carhire.com

“Lamezia airport car hire”

Written on: 17/10/2012

The car was a Fiat 500, great and economical, and perfect for the narrow roads of Calabria. Collecting the car was straightforward and the booking staff were polite and helpful.
Downside - The car was reasonably cheap to hire but only because I used the basic insurance. If I had taken out the full cover, to reduce the amount I would have been liable for should I have been unfortunate to have the car damaged or stolen, then the cost of the car hire would have more than doubled. I wasn't happy with this situation because I didn't pay the extra and it made driving a hire car abroad quite stressful. To me the insurance situation is a hidden extra.

Before I hire in future I would like to know exactly what the real cost of the hire will be, including proper insurance cover.

• 30/09/2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• Lamezia Airport, Italy

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Visit www.121carhire.com

Nick_Ingram's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2012

You can get insurance separately to cover the excess, costs less than £3 a day. Try a comparison site (I used moneymaxim). If you are hiring more than once a year, you can get an annual policy for about £40.

www.121carhire.com