Classic bait & switch

Guest's review of Zoom Rent a Car www.zoomrentals.com

“Classic bait and switch”

Written on: 21/08/2011

We paid an extra $50 for after hours to be picked up by Zoom. I called as soon as we arrived in Toronto. I said we would be there for pick up in about ten minutes. They then gave me very vague directions to get to Viscount shuttle pick up, so vague that we had to ask numerous people what they were talking about. By the time we finally found our way to Viscount stop, it had been 45 -50 minutes.

We went outside the terminal at Viscount and there was no one there. I phoned Zoom after 20 minutes. Some guy said the driver was on his way. He said the driver had over 12 passengers to pick up. I said ok no problem. After another 20 -30 minutes, I called them again and this time they told me that the driver had to change vehicles because he had so many passengers. I again said ok.

And then 30 minutes after that I called Zoom again and this time they told me the driver had to come from home! I told them I was disgusted and they had better get some one to pick us up as we had been waiting 1 1/2 hours for a ride to the car rental, which was 20 minutes away in a Subway parking lot!. They flat out lied to me twice with stupid excuses!!!

When we finally got to Zoom, the first thing the guy said was we don't have a minivan for you. I reserved A MIMIVAN and I expected to get a MINIVAN. They also put on their confirmation