Beware sales tactics

• Customer service

samdudge's review of Big Motoring World - www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk

“Beware sales tactics ”

Written on: 03/06/2013 by samdudge (1 review written)

Went to view a car at Addington I saw online, when arrived was told it was sold'! But they had something very similar in that day! After viewing the car I wanted it so agreed a deal to pay £500 deposit and £2500 and arrange finance for the remaining £5400 including 15 month warranty. If I had been willing to pay up front they would have sold it for £7500 instead of £8000 excluding warranty!
This was on the Friday and I had been accepted for finance and agreed to pick it up following Friday! Over the weekend I was kindly offered a loan from a family member for the money so went back to Addington on the Monday to say I wanted to change the agreement from finance to pay outright! I was told I could do that but wouldn't get a discount as they had already done a discount on the finance!! I would have to pay £7932 in total or an extra £395 for warranty. I reluctantly agreed as they had my deposit of £500 but I did scrap the warranty.
All they were interested in was the money and not sticking to the salesman's offer of £7500 before finance was mentioned.
Won't buy again here but service department were good, can't fault them.

• Customer service

By Bigmotoringworld

Written on: 04/06/2013

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback- we appreciate your time and effort sharing your views. We’re very sorry the initial car you saw online was sold before you got to our Addington site; the prices of our cars are very attractive hence quick turnaround. We are pleased you found another car that interested you; however we are eager to find out more about the final process of your business with us, as we are keen to deliver outstanding service to all our customers.

To assist me to discover more information about your buying experience, can you kindly provide me with the name of the salesman that dealt with you?

You’ll be glad to know that customer service is on the top agenda for Big Motoring World; we strive to make all our customers happy and encourage repeat business.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Tayo Ajet
Marketing Executive

Samdudge's reply to Bigmotoringworld's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2013

Hello
The name of the advisor was Omar Hassain, and he was very helpful on my initial visit and arranging the finance etc, but i suppose the disappointment is that before we mentioned finance he said he would do a deal on the car for £7500 and once i had cancelled the finance agreement i had to pay £7800. I appreciate he had worked out a way i could pay finance over 4 years with a warranty included etc but this still totalled over £8.4k. It felt that on the monday when i returned i wasn't being given the initial offer because i had changed my mind. I f i had been able to pay £7500 i would have taken the additional 12 months warranty too and paid about the same in total as ended up paying. I was also disappointed to see that both the car i wanted and the car i bought were still on the website 2-3 weeks after. Overall as i said the handover experience was excellent, but im regretting buying the car now as along with the above issues im not getting the mpg figures the salesman reckoned i could (a problem i wouldnt have had with the initial car i saw).

Regards