Great all round kayak

JeffinIznajar's review of Robson Waikiki Expedition Canoe

“Great all round kayak”

Written on: 04/07/2013 by JeffinIznajar (1 review written)

I purchased my first Robson Balboa three years ago, being new to kayaking I wanted a stable craft that handled well, taking advice from the reviews I read at the time I was not disappointed. This little kayak has now been adapted with three rod holders for my fishing trips, extra elastics to stow items on the deck close at hand, I have fitted a Garmin fish finder with the transducer under the seat, It's even got a sail that fastens to the bow to help on long journeys when there's a tail wind. My local lake is 32km in length and the shoreline is 100km in total, this little kayak has taken me to every piece of shoreline on the lake, the short lenght making it idea for expeditions up small tributaries, allowing turn arounds in narrow sections of stream. My longest journey being 35km in ten hours, including stops. I am so happy with it that I have purchased a second one for friends to borrow when they visit, another friend has just purchased his own after trying out kayaking for the first time in one of mine. The waves get quite high on the lake at times and I must say that I always feel quite safe, even when the spray comes over the bow. I used the kayak at least once a week and it gets quite a lot of abuse when landing on the shoreline, I've had no problems at all. A friend that purchased another manufacturers design based solely on cost has had to have two repairs for leaking. To sum up 'A great all round kayak'