Big talk, product did not live up to it

hampshiregirl's review of PartyLite Candle Party & Candles www.partylite.com

“Big talk, product did not live up to it”

Written on: 02/10/2011 by hampshiregirl (1 review written)

Attended a party as a guest, being a big fan of several main candle companies, but never tried partylite. A friend took me, who was an existing fan of partylite. Our host was fantastic, but then this was someone we know. As with all home parties, it is the company representative that needs to put in the work.
I wasn't impressed by the salesperson - lectured us on candle burning (and not very accurately I must add, I have watched a lot of burning advice on QVC!), and was quite bossy rather than friendly and relaxed. She didn't seem to have a great knowledge of candles in general, or fragrance trends etc, so wasn't inspiring to purchase. We had to listen to a lengthy description of the hosts prizes should a certain amount sell - was this supposed to encourage us?
When it came to the products, I thought the fragrances were synthetic smelling, and not very sophisticated - a relaxing aromatherapy candle for instance just smelled of sherbert!
The candles seem to be secondary to Partylite- it is all about the ornamental holders, which I think people are less inclined to purchase on the spare of the moment.
I purchased a small pack of tealights, more out of solidarity to our host - they were more expensive that Yankee, and to be a honest not a patch on them or Lilyflame fragrances. Yes they were in clear cups with feet, so had the features of a useful tealight, but didn't last as long as expected, and I just didn't get that atmospheric fragrance hit.
I would buy again, but only if attending a friend's party, I will be sticking to Yankee and Lily Flame in future...

• Lasts OK

Longevity of Product

Guest's Response to hampshiregirl's Review

Written on: 17/10/2011

I am very familiar with PARTYLITE and I can vouch that the products are very very good. This article is not true to fact and I just think this person did not like the consultant. Besides it is very bad taste to try and discredit a product like this when in fact the wax products from Partylite are very good and are of a very high quality.

Guest's Response to hampshiregirl's Review

Written on: 31/10/2011

Sorry but as a Partylite consultant of 6 years I disagree with you our consultants advise guest of the benefits she can receive if they host their own show because after all everyone loves freebies, and the Hostess gets more when her friends book a party. As for the products I have tried Yankee, but have found you get a lot of wastage unlike Partylite, and have many Hostess's and Guest who have burnt Yankee, but they always prefer Partylite over Yankee and always return to me for more. Our fragrances are divine and are the best burning candles money can buy, our holders are exquisite. Our consultants only want the best for our Hostess's and Guest's and will inform you of the best products for your requirements.
ALL I CAN SAY FOLKS IS IF YOU WANT QUALITY GO FOR PARTYLITE RATHER THAN OTHER BRANDS THAT OFFER INFERIOR CANDLES, HOST A SHOW AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF!
Independant Partylite Consultant, Walsall