Friendly staff, poor customer relations

Steveincornwall's review of Unbeatable Hire - www.unbeatablehire.com

“Friendly staff, poor customer relations ”

Written on: 01/08/2017 by Steveincornwall (1 review written)

Before collecting the van I contacted Unbeatable regarding staying on caravan club sites, their website mentions temporary membership. After a few emails, I was assured that there would be a details on the key fob when I collected the van.
We planned to use the van as a base for our stay at Silverstone with a final night at Tewkesbury caravan site, then make the short journey to return the van at Bristol. Naturally when I collected the van from Bristol, there was an awful lot to take in and I didn’t check the key fob, frankly it was the last thing on my mind at the time.
We had pre-booked with Tewkesbury and as advised planned to hand the fob to the reception on arrival. However, on the day we set off from Silverstone we realised there was nothing about temporary membership anywhere in the van or on the fob, so we ended up paying the additional non-member fee to stay on the site.

On arrival at Silverstone we had a few problems closing the habitation door but eventually it shut, the next day on opening it, it would neither re- close or open. Eventually after a great deal of help from other campers, many who had also rented vans for the event, we managed to close the door and it stayed that way until we returned. This meant we had to clamber through the cab of the van each and every time we exited or entered.
When we left site, I secured the door with cable ties as it did not feel safe driving knowing the door may spring open at any moment. On returning the van to Bristol , I removed the ties, the return staff were very apologetic and advised that the previous renters had the same problem and a couple of other vans were having similar problems.
Although we enjoyed the use of the van, the misinformation provided and door problem was an irritation and something we didn’t need.
I contacted Unbeatable after being offered a 'bribe' to write a good review on this site and explained my concerns, this was 2 weeks ago and have had no further emails from.
There are many companies hiring campers and I would suggest like I will be doing next year, hire from one of them.