National Motorhomes - www.nationalmotorhomes.co.uk Review

sandor.zoletnik's review of National Motorhomes - www.nationalmotorhomes.co.uk

“I looked for booking a motorhome for a Scotland tour...”

Written on: 10/05/2017 by sandor.zoletnik (1 review written)

I looked for booking a motorhome for a Scotland tour and found National Motorhomes (nationalmotorhomes.co.uk). I selected a motorhome and service and got a quote in email from someone. I checked reviews and searched google for the website but found nothing bad. After agreeing on the terms I was advised in email not to pay the reservation fee on the website but she would call me on my phone I registered there. Indeed in the agreed time the call came and I gave my card data. The agreed amount was charged to card but by another company called HireBookingCentre and I got a weblink from her to see my reservation and upload driver data, etc. This all looked good until I tried to locate the given location in Kelty on google maps. It indicated a permanently closed company called Motorholmes. I then realized that the weblink for my reservation leads to a site motorholme.force.com. I traced down all these companies in the company register to find out that: 1. No company with nationalmotorhomes in its name exists. 2. The company reservation number on the website is for Motorholme which was renamed to Unbeatablehire in 2012. 3. HireBookingCentre was called Motorholme Hire until 2014. 4. All these companies are owned by the same person, or his companies, have 1 Pound capital. Knowing all these I demanded to provide me the hire conditions from HireBookingCentre which actually took the money. (The offer did not allow cancellation at that time.) At this point my email address was put on the spam list and I could not get an answer to an email sent from another address either.

Motorholme, HireBookingCentre all have terrible reviews on the internet, obviously this is why the company was several times renamed. The present nationalmotorhomes.co.uk website has been operational since a few month, with the obvious aim of internet crime!