Largest poster

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Tesco Photo Centre

“Largest poster”

Written on: 19/07/2014

I designed a poster that I was really pleased with so decided to get it printed out and since tesco were doing an offer on their largest poster, I thought it was worth a tenner to get it blown up.

I was concerned that with it being so big (30" x 40") that it might look low resolution, so I made my file as high resolution as possible - which was 130ppi considering there's a 15mb limit on their upload. And I'm glad I did because it looks great. I'm very pleased.

The only thing I am unhappy about is that it seems to have been white balanced, I wish I could have anticipated this - I had intentionally made my text and my border a cream colour to make it look sort of retro, but now the image behind is slightly more blue than I had hoped. But thankfully it doesn't detract from the overall look. So just for anyone else who is doing anthing similar - make sure you have some pure white parts so that this doesn't happen (although, perhaps this wasn't the case and that everything will come out looking slightly blue-tinted, I'm not sure)

The paper quality seems pretty good, what you'd expect for a poster I think. On the back it has little 'kodak' watermarks. No issue for me, but thought I would mention it.

Anyway, pretty pleased with my purchase. It was delivered more quickly than I had been made to expect. It's cool to have my own art on my walls!

• Online