Great value for the money

Macmanhfx's review of Magnum Research, Inc. CO2 "Baby" Desert Eagle

“Great value for the money”

Written on: 29/10/2012 by Macmanhfx (2 reviews written)

Considering this my 1st air pistol and didn't know what to expect, it didn't take long after using an inferior one(IMO) to know what I liked. Weight, balance and feel are good atho grip could use some work. It moved around when firing and slides off too easily. Trigger pull I found a little stiff and had to concentrate during squeeze to keep aim. I've put thru about 700 rounds so far without a misfire or a jam.
I liked the way it loads, (no separate mag, built into barrel) doesn't jam or lose bb's and it holds enough ammo (15 bb's) to hit moving targets. Squirrels, rats, mice, small birds don't have a chance within 30 ft. For a CO2 bb hand gun, it hits hard and has better accuracy than I expected. This is a very fun plinker at distance too. With practice, I was able to hit beer cans from 50-60ft consistantly.Powerlets are good for 70-80 rounds before velocity drops off and needs Pelgunoil every 3-5 Powerlets.
Overall, I'm happy with it. The fit and finish are pretty good except for the grip. I've not dropped it or otherwise abused it so far so I'm worried how well it will stand up as it made mostly of plastic. Considering I paid less than $50 for it, I'd buy another if it broke.