Feels right, but...

From 1 review

Laverdabru1116's review of Dan Wesson 8 Revolver

“Feels right, but...”

Written on: 16/05/2015 by Laverdabru1116 (53 reviews written)

This is my 2nd Co2 revolver. My previous one is a Crosman 3576, great fun, but definitely at the cheap & cheerful end of the market.
The Wesson, with it's mainly metal construction, swing out cylinder, & individually loaded cartridges, seemed to be more what I was looking for.
I've always loved revolvers, but due to the UK's very tight gun laws have no chance of buying a 'real' one. Funny how despite our laws criminals never have a problem getting them...
Anyway, to the Wesson. It comes with 6 cartridges, which you load with a pellet & screw together. Then put them into the cylinder - it does come with a speed loader but can't see the point. Quicker to load it direct than put them into the loader, then the gun. I guess if you were using it in competitions you'd have several speedloaders primed & ready.
When I started using it I had lots of problems. Very pellet sensitive, RWS Hobby is what it prefers. Prior to them, it would sometimes only fire out 4 of 6 shots.
I'll persevere with the Wesson - for a while.
But the far cheaper Crosman is more accurate & less hassle...

Laverdabru1116's Response to Laverdabru1116's Review

Written on: 20/05/2015

From Laverdabru1116. Unlike the picture, I'm reviewing the black version.