Made me a CO2 convert!

Laverdabru1116's review of Crosman CO2 Double Action Revolver 357-8

“Made me a CO2 convert!”

Written on: 30/09/2012 by Laverdabru1116 (20 reviews written)

Read some reviews on this site, decided to treat myself to one for my birthday. Owned many airguns over the last 40 years, mainly German or British.
This was my first CO2 & Crosman. Currently I own a '80's 10 shot BSA GoldStar .22, also a '50's Webley Junior .177 rifle, & a '80's Webley Hurricane .22 pistol.
And guess what I reach for first now?
Sure, there are signs it has been 'built down to a price'. At £90 new, with lots of accessories, it is far cheaper than the 2ndhand value of my other guns. With the recoiless action, far more accurate than the Webley pistol. And I wish BSA had made a 10 shot magazine as cheap & reliable as the Crosman item - a single BSA mag can cost £30+, the Crosman's can be bought for 3 for £10 or less.
Bad points - the hand grips which have to be clipped on & off when you change the CO2 feel a bit flimsy.
Accuracy can go all over the place as temperature varies or the CO2 bulb nears emptiness.