Very poor customer service

Guest's review of The Economist

“Very poor customer service”

Written on: 07/09/2011

The magazine content is great. However I’ve had problems with the customer service support since the start. I signed up under an offer where a free gift (a handbag) was to be sent to me within 6-8
weeks. When no handbag turned up I emailed the Singapore support team (its an Asian subscription) on August 30th but did not receive a response till I sent a follow up email. On September 4th they wrote they were ordering a replacement but have not responded since to my requests to elaborate on what happened to the original bag.

I have now asked them to suspend the subscription till I receive the ’free gift’ however still no response. Shockingly poor and slow service. In their automated email confirmations they claim to respond in two business days. An absolute eternity in this age - and they still fail comprehensively.

So by all means subscribe but if something goes wrong you’re not going to get much help.

• Weekly