Did exactly what they said on the tin - saved me a lot

Guest's review of Peninsula Business Services - www.peninsulabusinessservices.co.uk

“Did exactly what they said on the tin - saved me a lot”

Written on: 04/04/2012

Joined up with Peninsula almost a year ago and am a very happy customer. Thankfully haven't had to test them on an employment tribunal, but they re-wrote all my employee contracts and my employee handbook. Cost is absolutely minimal, was really suprised when I found out how much it was going to be. Since I joined I've rang the call centre a handful of times over minor issues, each time they've been very helpful and friendly.

We're a growing business with a staff of around fifteen so this service was great for us and a lot cheaper than my £250p.h.+ solicitor, who would have done a good job but been a lot more expensive!

• Employment law services: contract re-writing, legal cover

Service Provided

Requirements met?

Tramhammer's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2012

They rewrote your contracts and handbooks? That's their first step to ensuring that once you have a dispute, it is maximised to the fullest possible extent. Their ploy is to leave important parts practically meaningless so there is potential for lengthy and lucrative work for them. Eventually, you end up footing the bill one way or the other. You ought to get a proper independent lawyer to look at the stuff they have given you. Cost is (at present) minimal? How seriously do you take your employee relations? They say you get what you pay for. When dealing with this outfit you appear to pay little at first, which is, to be fair, commensurate with the real value of what they give you, then later on it costs you a fortune but you have nothing at all.