reply to I.d.s.'s response to Guest's Review

taghipour's review of Confederation of Business and Traders

“reply to I.d.s.'s response to Guest's Review”

Written on: 05/10/2012 by taghipour (1 review written)

We found that I.d.s.'s response to Guest's Review (no name was given) of Confederation of Businesses and Trades (CBT) explanation interesting and thought to add this comment.
Obviously, our experience of dealing with Confederation of Businesses and Trades (CBT) suggest otherwise. It sounds unusual that this company namely; Confederation of Businesses and Trades (CBT) offers help only to "non-members by allowing free entry to the business directory with no charge" but the same; Confederation of Businesses and Trades (CBT) charges its members as admitted that " ...they do make a yearly charge for membership" and added that the membership will be renewed in Confederation of Businesses and Trades' way without sending "... renewal notices but if a member wants to cancel they can simply phone or email as stated in the terms."
Furthermore, our records reveals that; on 25th April 2012 I have phoned and emailed Confederation of Businesses and Trades (CBT) to cancel our account. On the following day Confederation of Businesses and Trades (CBT) emailed and informed us that "With reference to your request to cancel received by e-mail on the 25/04/12.
Cancellations are subject to sections 8 and 9 of the terms of membership to which you are bound and cannot be cancelled at this time"
After Confederation of Businesses and Trades (CBT) commencing a claim at the county court against us please see above for more details. On 2nd September 2012 I have emailed Confederation of Businesses and Trades (CBT) which we noticed uses a few email addresses in its communication with us, to cancel our account. On 5th September 2012 OD (accounts), Confederation of Businesses and Trades (CBT) which also bearing "The UK's Leading Multi Trade Association Apply for membership online" with contact details beside the company logo almost at the bottom of her email informed us that:
"In reply to your e-mail dated 02/09/2012.
I regret to inform you that your membership cannot be cancelled at this time and will be due for renewal on the 12/4/2013.
You may cancel the renewal of your membership by notifying us at anytime between the 11/2/2013 and the 13/3/2013 and obtaining a cancellation reference code in compliance with our terms and conditions (section 9).
This cancellation reference code should be retained as confirmation of the termination of your membership."
Therefore, there is certain time to be able to cancel your own account and must be on guard for ever. No wonder, the unnamed member of CBT conclude that " I give the CBT the thumbs up and invite you to read my full review of the Confederation of Businesses and Traders
Mr Taghipour, Doctors Makeover LTd

Concbt's Response to taghipour's Review

Written on: 14/01/2013

As I am in the same situation I would be grateful if you could share the outcome of the court ruling, please?

Dawnkelly's reply to Concbt's Comment

Written on: 13/02/2013

Yes if you can share the courts ruling that would be great as we have been trying to extricate ourselves from this company for ages. We're not sure what they do, we don't want it, we have written several times to cancel our membership (whatever benefits that is) but ther seems to be numerous confusing obstacles put up to stop you from cancelleing membership. I wouldn;t recommenrd anyone joins this confederation. It just deosn't seem right they can pracitce like this - even if they can they shouldn't. My husband isn't even trading anymore!

Taghipour's reply to Dawnkelly's Comment

Written on: 15/02/2013

I am sorry to hear about your problems of getting rid of Confederation of Businesses and Traders (cBT). Unfortunately, we lost the court case and we have to pay cBT. The judge mentioned that the Internet consumers are protected much less than other situations and my understanding was that the gentleman at CBT (probably a tired solicitor) knows the "Rules" of this game and he is exploiting this weakness in the present regulations. I suggest you report your case to your local Trading Standers Officer who are probably the only organization which have legal power to intervene and take legal action against cBT for misleading the public. Trading Standard Officers has already informed about cBT and the Law Society is another organization which will be interested to know if any solicitor involve in a such unethical activities. Most probably cBT sponsors will be upset if they become aware such unethical activities by cBT. You can find the list of their sponsors by frequent visit to Confederation of Businesses and Traders (CBT) website.
Please accept my apology for not being more helpful.

Concbt's Response to taghipour's Review

Written on: 14/02/2013

I totally agree with you Dawnkelly. They definitely needs to be banned from trading. I have reported them to the Office of Fair Trading but they need a few more complaints to be able to take proper action. So I would urge everybody who were unfortunate enough to get involved with this organisation to report it and hopefully save other people falling victims of CBT.

Mytidy's reply to Concbt's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2013

I am going though the same thing at the moment and will be taking it to the Trading Standards - I only have a small business and this isn't
good for us as the year so far has been bad for business (snow etc).
I would stay clear from these guys as it looks like they we put us out of business.