miserable service

Quincyh136's review of Megabus www.megabus.com

“miserable service”

Written on: 18/03/2014 by Quincyh136 (1 review written)

I was a first time user of MegabusGold, the sleeper service. I booked a return from London to Edinburgh. Twenty minutes before my departure we were told the sleeper bus had broken down and our replacement would have seats, not bunks. I had a job interview in Edinburgh on the saturday morning and needed to arrive fresh. Instead I had to spend the night in a cramped seat.

On my return from Edinburgh two days later all seemed well. We boarded the sleeper coach and got in our bunks (really claustrophobic). An announcement came over the tannoy saying that the bus was going nowhere "due to a massive oil leak". We got on the bus and waited an hour and a half for our replacement; a bus with seats and no bunks.

The bus was so cold during the 8 hours to London. We were not given any refreshments in the evening (we were on the way up).

When I complained to Customer Service they only refunded half my money-which is basically the cost of the standard (i.e. not sleeper) service. NO explanation, no compensation!

Terrible throughout.