Choose another bus service

LitreeW's review of Megabus www.megabus.com

“Choose another bus service”

Written on: 03/03/2014 by LitreeW (1 review written)

I have used the megabus more then a few times to get family members back and forth to visit me in the Iowa City Iowa area. My daughter traveled from Memphis TN, my brother from Aurora Il. My sister and mother along with nieces from Mississippi. And each time it has been the worst experience ever! From customer service to the bus drivers.
My brother has been to visit 3 times using the megabus. Coming out of Chicago into Iowa the bus was late but only about 15-20 mins. But all 3 time leaving Iowa city going back the bus has been hours last! We would wait about 30 mins or better and call to see what the delay was and either we didn't get a answer or put on hold for what seemed to be forever. Then they couldn't tell us when to expect the bus to arrive. Another time my sister came to visit and the departing bus was leaving Memphis TN to Chicago and she had a ticket from Chicago to Iowa city,Iowa as well. Well due to the bus from memphis being extremely late arriving to Chicago she missed the connecting bus to iowa, when she asked the bus driver to call ahead to inform the connecting bus of the situation the bus driver refused and MEGABUS would not honor the ticket for a seat on the next outbound bus to Iowa. She had to purchase another ticket (no refund for other ticket, just free money megabus go for bad service)! And none of these tickets were $1. Were talking 30 plus for each ticket. Which to some ppl may not be a lot, but that was over $115 worth of thickets one way! With all the chances given to this business by so many people I would never recommend Megabus to anyone! I would recommend Trailways and greyhound bus service to any and everybody. They may be a few dollars more depending on where you may be traveling, but they have great customer service and if they are late or you have any issues they do all they can to make it right! And that is worth the money.

Visit megabus.com