Used no problem for three years... until now!!

amydouglas1992's review of Megabus www.megabus.com

“Used no problem for three years... until now!!”

Written on: 26/02/2014 by amydouglas1992 (1 review written)

I have been using the Megabus service from Birmingham to Newcastle and back for 3 years now. It is fair to assume that you, 'get what you pay for' when it comes to the customer service - which needs greatly improving. The Megabus itself has improved over the years with free wifi and more room.

However, two weeks ago I had my luggage taken from the hold underneath the bus. I thought this was by accident as a bag was left behind which looked very similar to mine. The customer service line that I rang was absolutely atrocious. I never got through to 'lost' property itself because they never answered the phone. The General Customer Service team dealt with my reported missing bag however they were absolutely useless. Not only are they not actually allowed to open the bags to check if it is your luggage, they have two depots at each end of the UK that lack communication. When i rang for the fifth time to see if my bag had been handed in, I was told that two stations were yet to get back to them. My bag was never found and I received no apology or compensation. The customer service showed absolutely no remorse for my situation.... and to top it all off... I found most of my items up for sale on eBay!!!

Visit megabus.com