Letter of complaint

millsshaun's review of Megabus www.megabus.com

“Letter of complaint”

Written on: 18/11/2013 by millsshaun (1 review written)

I will simply share the email i sent mega bus after we used them to visit my sister and let you make up your own mind;

"I have just returned from a weekend trip to Poole in Dorset, I had a wonderful time with a few exceptions. Unfortunately all of these exceptions were down to your service. we arrived an hour early Thursday the 14th of November and got to the correct gate to ensure a chance at picking a decent seat, however the bus pulled into another gate and several people started queuing in front of us but the driver assured me that they would have to join on the queue behind us as the bus would be pulled to the correct gate before boarding this did not happen we had to go and join on the back of the
queue! then as we were getting on another passenger tried to force himself past my self and my partner and when i refused to let him he started grabbing at me and shouting aggressively, and when i told him to let go of me he threatened me to the point one of your workers asked someone to get security to deal with him and yet he threatened me again with action once we reached london he was still allowed to join the couch with no warnings about his behavior... thanks for the feeling of safety! So even though we had sat in the cold for an hour to get on first we did not and got stuck with the two front seats. this would not have been such a big issue except that the cold air was on full blast the entire ten hour journey from the front of the bus, the driver said he would turn it off but he did not, so after ten hours of freezing cold air blasting us we arrived completely freezing and had been unable to relax or sleep on the trip. we decided to bring along a tablet to make use of your free wi fi... but could not as the chargers on the bus were not working! then about half way through the journey the driving changed, I do not know if the couch changed driver but suddenly the bus was driving very quickly not slowing to turn so the top of the bus had an almost constant feeling of the vehicle being close to tipping which caused my partner extreme discomfort and fear and on the one occasion I managed to drift of to sleep I was awoken by the sound of the tires drifting over the rumble studs at the edge of the motor way! I got a fright as I thought we were going off the road, I relax and bang the rumble again as the vehicle once again began to drift! and despite all that reckless driving we still arrived in London an hour late! so we then got on our next bus to Poole as you do not supply a bus for that route and away we went on our weekend away had a great time and returned to London on the Sunday night and awaited our bus at the correct gate, but did we meet the mega bus at the correct gate no we were taken and ushered down between moving couches to get to our mega bus, and although we picked seats well away from the front to avoid being frozen again the charges still did not work! AND we arrived back in Glasgow an hour late! what was i paying for here? i understand you are a budget coach service but this journey was just terrible for us because of the shoddy service we received, we spent 10 hours traveling like frozen meat! and could not even make use of the free WiFi because the free charging stations you advertise on the side of the bus did not work on either of the coaches we used! and the simple fact you do not run a bus to Dorset means we have to book onto another bus which is difficult to do when you arrive an hour late! I am greatly disappointed and after refusing to do so thus far am seriously considering switching to national express for our visits to my family in Poole.

I would however like to hear what your thoughts on the subject are and if you feel these journeys match up with the pleasant affordable trips you advertise?

with all due respect I do not think it does."
everything I complain about in the email actually happened to my partner and myself. I have yet to hear from megabus...

Visit megabus.com