Worst customer service I've had

sko127's review of Megabus www.megabus.com

“Worst customer service I've had”

Written on: 22/04/2013 by sko127 (2 reviews written)

I have used Megabus in the US before and the people were not nearly as rude to their customers. I had an issue with my booking a journey from Edinburgh to London and needed the change the dates. At the time, it was not an urgent situation so I thought it would be fine to just email instead of call. That turned out to be a terrible idea. They didn't respond to my email before it became urgent, and because of this I wasn't able to change my booking that is supposed to leave today, so I had to cancel the trip, losing the money I spent. That wasn't all of it. The person at customer services that I spoke to was incredibly rude to me when I stated my issue. He spoke to me as though I hadn't paid attention to what I was doing when I booked the tickets and kept saying that "if I had done this, I would have seen that..." and said that it was just my problem, and not their system - which it was because it said my email didn't exist. I ended up just telling him to cancel my booking and hang up because I felt like there was no point speaking with him to see if there was anything I could work out. Even though I felt like I would end up losing the money anyway, there was no reason for him to be as rude as he was! It was enough for me to consider paying more than I would like to by avoiding Megabus, which I encourage you to do.

Visit megabus.com