Cheap & cheerful

Guest's review of Megabus www.megabus.com

“Cheap and cheerful”

Written on: 10/06/2012

Me, my mum and little brother used this service to visit my dad who is working away in London. We booked online, and only found out (after noticing the small print AFTER we had ordered) that the megabus would only take us part way to east midlands parkway, at which we would board a train to take us to St Pancras. We wanted a journey as smooth as possible because my brother has anxiety problems. We tried to explain and get a refund, but we could not. On the outbound journey, the coach was jam packed, but the interior itself is very comfortable and clean. The large (ONE POUND) signs on the side of the bus make you feel a little uncomfortable though! Everything was fine after that, but the return journey was quite confusing. We had not been informed which platform our train would be on, where to get our megabus tickets, or who to look for. Luckily, I had already looked on the national express website and found the same train which gave me the platform number. When the member of staff finally arrived, they didnt give us tickets, and just told us to get on (seeing as though he turned up extremely late). On the megabus on the way back, the driver was friendly and the coach very quiet. The toilets are nice and clean. Would recommend travelling on a Sunday! Overall, much cheaper than trains, gets you from A-B (via C!) but will use national express next time for a less confusing journey, at only a little more cost. (Also, if travelling on an East Midlands train, try and get in the quiet coach (coach A) if you can, some seats aren't reserved and the is interior much nicer!)

Visit megabus.com