Megabus, Victoria, London, disaster

Guest's review of Megabus www.megabus.com

“Megabus, Victoria, London, disaster”

Written on: 17/04/2012

I bought a ticket for Megabus from Victoria Bus Station in London to Bristol on April 2.

By an hour after the bus was due to leave, the bay was overcrowed with people waiting for it and for another bus. I and my brother moved about 20 metres away so we could sit down.

We checked every so often to see if the bus had approached the bay, where the conditions were surely a threat to health and safety (fire etc).

By about 90 minutes, my brother discovered the bus had left. When we asked the Megabus woman, she said she had announced it. We said we hadn't heard. Two other passengers said the same thing. She said her announcement had been clear and made no apology or offer to put us on another bus. Shedidn't even tell is if there was another bus.

We went to National Express where the staff were courteous and helpful.

Megabus is clearly run on a low-staff, admit-nothing-wrong business model. It may be cheap but it is unpleasant and stressful.

After two weeks they haven't bothered to respond to my email complaint.

Avoid.

Visit megabus.com

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2012

National Express were polite? They are the pits!

megabus.com