Refreshing honesty!

Guest's review of Timberwise - www.timberwise.co.uk

“Refreshing honesty!”

Written on: 13/03/2012

I can thoroughly recommend Timberwise to give you an honest assessment of what work is really necessary and whether you actually need to pay out for very expensive damp proofing. I had 6 firms look at my shower room. Timberwise stood out as the only honest broker. Their excellent surveyor Keith Defoe suggested I put a de-humidifier in the room for a few weeks to see if I could resolve the problem. In the meantime he gave me a quote both for full tanking and for a cheaper solution of applying a liquid damp proof membrane. He was happy to come back 2 months later to re-survey and told me the room was fine and didn’t need treatment. Some surveyor’s charged just to come out and the others would happily have taken £3000 or more to carry out unnecessary work to my room which incidentally had received a damp course treatment several years before. I expressed my suprise / delight at their approach and Mr Defoe told me they think honesty is the best policy. Going forward I would only use Timberwise for this type of work – I’ve had damp-proofing installed in 2 properties by 2 other installers one of whom has since gone bust. The other I would certainly not recommend.