Broadband speed

• Speed Consistency

Guest's review of Waitrose Broadband www.waitrose.com

“Broadband speed”

Written on: 18/01/2013

As others have said, the service had been very good until about nine months ago, when I started experiencing slow speed. Technical service were helpful, in that they suggested a couple of things and also sent me a new box, none of which made any difference. For some time I had been considering changing providers; I'd been with Waitrose for several years and the package was no longer competitive, so that, plus the slow speed, made me decide to change. That's when the trouble started. I would not say that customer services were rude or abusive or aggressive but they were extremely insistent that I shouldn't change and unhelpful when I persisted in my request for the access code. At one point, the rep guaranteed - her word - that my speed would not change with a new provider. It took a week to provide the code, through the web site only and very difficult to find, they cut me off a day early (fortunately my new provider could connect me a day early) and sent me two completely incomprehensible emails, one of which was warning me that they would cut off the telephone connection (which they did not provide) and the other was to warn me that the service that they had already disconnected would be disconnected at the end of the month. My most serious complaint is that the speed I now have with my new provider (guaranteed by Waitrose not to change remember) changed from 0.27 mb/sec to 13.9 mb/sec - and they have still not refunded a pro rata amount for that part of a month's advance payment after I was disconnected. Not exactly a great advert for the John Lewis Partnership.

• Speed Consistency