Lies & gross competence

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Jedi_Master's review of Virgin Broadband www.virginmedia.com

“Lies and gross competence ”

Written on: 17/07/2013 by Jedi_Master (1 review written)

So after being charged 4x the BT rate for ~1mb connection i've been trying to leave Virgin for the last month. After calling to leave and get my MAC code - I came home to find the Broadband disconnected immediately. After 3 hours on the phone virgin tell me nothing they can do as BT have taken over the line, refusal to reconnect the broadband and have now us without broadband for 4 weeks. They also refuse to release the phone line so we can start the new service.

I could write a small book on all the calls, escalations, contradictions, mis-guidance that we've been through over the last 2 weeks trying to resolve this...... its been stressful, unprofessional and and caused significant personal impact as we both work at home and rely on being connected. Due to the nature of our work we have a police monitored system which is now down - so they have also put a worker at risk for a month which could have horrific consequences.

So far we have spent in excess of 5 hours on the phone escalating..... been lied to repeatedly about disconnection dates, status of the phone line, "Software issues", its BTs fault (untrue), its standard practice (again not true)... I could go on...

I have never in my life experienced such bad customer service, been lied and misguided so much by any company. I've cancelled everything to do with Virgin and will never use them again for anything, Working in a large company who use a lot of data and telco connections... wont touch them with a bargepole for those either!

Virgin used to be a brand I admired........ after this experience I will never used them again for anything and am constructing a long letter of the events of the last month to send to the industry regulators, watchdogs and online forums.

• Reliability